Custom Herbicide Application Program (CHAP)


Custom Herbicide Application Program (CHAP)

Yellowhead County Agricultural Services Board has approved a Custom Herbicide Application Program to control Noxious and/or Prohibited Noxious weeds on private property.

This program will help Yellowhead County residents control weeds where the options of hiring a contractor and renting or purchasing spray equipment is not feasible.  The program will be run on a first come, first serve basis during the spraying season and as weather permits.

Herbicide will be applied onto the private land, not exceeding 20 acres.  Sites will be pre-inspected to determine if the property qualifies for the program and what equipment and herbicide will be necessary.

The landowner will be asked to sign a release allowing the County access to the property and permission to use herbicide as agreed upon by the landowner and Yellowhead County Agricultural Services Staff.  Pricing will depend on the area sprayed and the herbicide used.  Upon completion landowners will receive an invoice for the work performed.

Yellowhead County has added CHAP to enhance services to the residents of Yellowhead County in addition to the existing Roadside Vegetation Management Plan and Weed Inspection Program.

If you would like more information on this or any Agricultural Services Programs or to register for CHAP please contact the Agricultural Services Department in Wildwood at 1-800-814-3935.

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps