Property Taxation

Yellowhead County works hard to provide you value for your hard earned tax dollars. Council and Staff endeavor to ensure that you are provided with the highest level of service possible, while considering the needs and expectations of Yellowhead County residents.

Where do your County tax dollars go?

Yellowhead County Council’s operating and capital budget includes the following breakdown of expenditures for 2016:

60% of expenditures have been allocated towards infrastructure projects and programs including roads, bridges, water, sewer, landfills and airport

9% of the budget has been allocated to Community Services programs for our residents

15% of the budget has been allocated to Protective Services programs for our residents

10% to Corporate and Planning Services

1% to go towards Council and general municipal business

6% of the budget has been allocated to revenue sharing with the Towns of Edson & Hinton

 A Few Things You Should Know...

Property taxes cover about 58% of all program costs, including requisitions.

The remaining 42% of the are covered from other sources such as grants, reserves, investment income and user fees.    

In addition to municipal property taxes, the County also collects education taxes on behalf of the Alberta School Foundation and the Separate School Board. The education tax represents about 29% of the total taxes collected by the County

 For more information on Assessment Appeals please visit the Alberta Municipal Affairs website.

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps