Fire Permits

Fire season starts in spring of each year and will vary from year to year depending on current conditions. Fire permits are now required for any burning (excluding campfires), or already burning fires in the area managed by Yellowhead County Fire Department.


Yellowhead County manages and only issues fire permits for the area north of Highway 16 and east of Highway 22. Permits are free and available by contacting your closest Yellowhead County Office.


yhc fire permit area map mid


For further information on Fire Permits for this area contact:

Cory Chegwyn
Deputy Fire Chief, Public Safety
Yellowhead County
Ph: 780-723-4800
Fax: 780-723-5066

 The remainder of the County is under the authority of Alberta Agriculture and Forestry for permits. Residents living in these areas should call SRD for the required permits.

Alberta Agriculture and Forestry

Edson 780-723-8269
Hinton 780-865-8267

Alberta Agriculture and Forestry 

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps