The Family and Community Support Services mandate is to operate a preventive social services program to Yellowhead County residents.
Services provided by the program must be preventive in nature, enhancing the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity.
FCSS programs and supports must:
- Help people develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis.
- Help people develop an awareness of social needs.
- Help people develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people.
- Help people and communities assume responsibility for decisions and actions that affect them.
- Provide support that help sustain people as active participants in the community.
Services cannot be:
- Primarily for recreation or leisure of individuals.
- Providing direct financial assistance to individuals or a family.
- Rehabilitative in nature.
- Duplicate services provided by a government or government agency