The FCSS program provides a number of youth services focused on providing quality programs throughout Yellowhead County which are based on recreation, social, education and health.
Five programs provide direct programming throughout the County for youth. They are:
- Children’s Programs: Facilitates and/or provides activities for children 6-12 years old in cooperation with community groups and schools throughout the County.
- W.H.E.E.L.S.: Provides playschool to the children in Marlboro and area as well as support to other county playschools.
- Youth Programs: Facilitates programs and/or provides activities that are of a preventative and educational nature for Youth aged 13-18 years old in cooperation with community groups and schools throughout the county.
- Kids In The Hall (KITH): Provides programs and activities for all youth in Marlboro and area
- Summer Programs: Provides summer activities and camps for children and youth aged 6-18 years old in communities throughout the County.
These programs rely on strong partnerships with many groups and organizations. Some of the program partners are:
- Area schools
- Yellowhead County Recreation Board
- Alberta Health Services Authorities
- West Yellowhead Child & Family Services Authority - Early Intervention Program
- Lobstick Community Learning Society
- Student Health Services - Addictions and Mental Health
Programs provided by FCSS youth services are intended to assist youth in making informed and healthy decisions which will benefit them throughout their lives. The program allows them to realize their potential and maximize their possibilities while providing a safe environment within which to do so. The program seeks, through these means, to reduce the influence of drugs and alcohol as well as other negative impacts that youth may be faced with.
Some of the programs being offered are:
- Boys Getaway Weekend
- Girls Getaway Weekend
- Youth Drop-In
- Leadership training
- It’s Cool to Know Your Way in a Relationship retreat
- BEE Aware – Drug Prevention program
- Babysitters Safety
- Home Alone Safely
- Ages and Stages
- Roots of Empathy
- Various day camps