The following Guides and Applications are in PDF format
Development Guides & Brochures
- Appealing Decisions - Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Bed and Breakfast
- Home Occupations and Home Industry
- Land Use Bylaw Amendments
- Letters of Compliance
- Sundecks, Patios and Balconies
- Work Camps
Agencies Authorized by Alberta Municipal Affairs to Issue Permits and
Provide Compliance Monitoring in Non-Accredited Municipalities
|Agency Name||Phone||Fax||Building Permits||Electrical Permits||Gas Permits||Plumbing Permits|
|Canadian Safety Consulting||780-897-1998
|Superior Safety Codes Inc.||1-780-489-4777
|The Inspections Group Inc.||1-780-454-5048
Note: The Inspection Group Inc.
Edson phone number and fax numbers
(p) 780-723-4923 (f) 780-723-3991
General information about building and private sewage development:
Municipal Affairs Safety Service
Other Contacts You May Need:
Prior to contacting any of the following, have your rural address and legal land location available.
- For electrical service to most properties in Yellowhead County, contact FortisAlberta at 310-WIRE (9473).
- If you have a rural property at the east end of the County, your property may be serviced by EQUS REA LTD. Their phone number is 1.888.211.4011. As the largest member-owned utility in Canada, EQUS REA LTD. provides safe and reliable electric distribution services to its 11,800 member-owners across 26 municipal districts and counties in rural Alberta. With more than 70 years of experience, EQUS is rural-based and rural-focused, and is committed to providing its member-owners with dependable services at competitive prices. www.equs.ca
- For natural gas service to properties located from Range 13 and west, contact Yellowhead Gas Co-op at 780-723-4214; from Range 12 and east, contact TRL Gas Co-op at 780-727-3732. For the Hamlets, you should contact ATCO Gas at 310-5678.
- For landline telephone connection call TELUS at 310-2255 (residential use) or 310-3100 (commercial use).
- Contact Alberta One-Call at 1-800-242-3447 with regard to location of underground facilities
Yellowhead County provides this information as a service to current and potential residents. It is provided as a guide only and information may be incorrect or out-of-date. For any questions or concerns contact individual companies directly.