Located approximately 32 kilometers east of Edson on Highway 16 and eight kilometers north on Highway 32. Settled by pioneers from the western part of the United States in the early 20th century, Peers was established as a farming community, however, farm consolidation in 1941 decreased the number of homesteaders and resulted in larger but fewer farms. Today, Peers remains a strong agriculture community.
Rosevear is located approximately 13.5 kilometers North of Highway 16 on Range Road 154. At one time, Rosevear had a store, post office, dentistry practice, a school, and other businesses. Today Rosevear is famous for its ferry that crosses the McLeod River as it is one of the few ferry’s still operating in Alberta.
The YO-HO Museum in Peers is operated by Bill and Isabella Dixon. Some of the items you will find there include: a 1917 hand built Cabin; clothing, furniture and collectables from the 1920’s or earlier; over 32 antique cars and a Cochin -Saw (aka Jig Saw) patented in 1876