When you live in a rural area, you can be assured the land will not remain the same. The view from your property may change. Check with the County's Planning and Development Department to find out how the properties are zoned (designated) and to see what future developments may be in the planning stages. The zoning of your property, and the surrounding areas, restricts what can be built. But, zoning can also be changed. All development permits are advertised in the County pages in the local newspaper and amendments to zoning are advertised as well.

Land Use Bylaw

There are many issues that can affect your property, such as road access, utility services, property issues, land and environment, and agricultural issues. It is important to research these items before purchasing land.

County Offices


2716 - 1 Avenue,Edson,AB. T7E 1N9
Phone: 780-723-4800
Toll Free: 1-800-665-6030
Fax: 780-723-5066


53404 Rge Rd 92A,Wildwood,AB.
Phone: 780-325-3782
Toll Free 1-800-814-3935
Fax: 780-325-3783

Latest News

County Maps